Welcome to all old and new members alike - join us on another journey!
Also, visit the Anti-BBC Blog and post there too!

Removing The Implied Right Of Access

To begin with, do you need to buy a television licence? In short, you can do as you please. However, be aware that the anti-British BBC will have you in prison if you don't subsidise their lunatic agenda. You can indeed discuss TV licensing matters here. Obviously, post here if you have an issue with your TV licence.
Bobby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:15 pm

To begin with, BBC TV Licence Goons like most other people, can knock on your door whenever they like. This is because there is an 'implied right of access' to your property. Of course, this allows people like postal workers etc., to be able to come to your home to make deliveries.

Indeed, without any notices, people may walk onto your property without your permission. For example, leaflet distributors can post junk mail and cold callers may ring your doorbell for other reasons. In other words, you are not challenging anyone. So they interpret this as you are implying they have permission to come on your property. With this in mind, the TV Licence People can come onto your property and knock on your door without warning.

However, there is a way to remove this implied right of access to your property. In short, write to the TV Licence people and tell them you are removing their implied right of access. Also, you do not need to tell them your name, 'The Occupier' or similar will do.

You may indeed tell them on that if they continue to come onto your property you will interpret this as Aggravated Trespass. Obviously, remind them on that this could result in a criminal prosecution against them and the individuals they send.

No More Contact For Two Years

Once you do this, they will write to you and usually say that they will not contact you again for two years. However, the letters may still arrive on your doormat. This is because, you have not yet removed the right of access to the postal services. So, tell them not to send any communication by post as well as you will interpret this as harassment. However, some reports suggest they will still write to you even if they say they won't.

Just to point out that you should not sign anything and never give your name under any circumstances. This is because what you sign or say can go against you as they are only gathering information about you.

Also, have a written notice of the removal of the implied right of access handy just in case. In fact, you may wish to serve this on any other person who calls without warning too.

To Sum Up

Finally, although the above method works, the Anti-BBC does not recommend it generally. This is because we believe issuing a Withdrawal of Implied Right of Access (WOIRA) only draws attention to yourself. Indeed, we recommend putting all letters straight in the bin and dealing with cold callers in the correct way. Of course, we recommend that you should never contact them or talk to them at any time, ignorance is bliss. In fact, you can read more about Television Licence Goons here.

Mawsey
On the Buses
On the Buses

Re: Removing The Implied Right Of Access

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:33 am

Bobby wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:15 pm
Finally, although the above method works, the Anti-BBC does not recommend it generally.
Yes, quite!
No contract is the best way.

Jules
On the Buses
On the Buses

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:39 pm

:good_post:

Thinking about it, doing this backed up by the normal resistance might be a way to go for some people.

Carol
Citizen Smith
Citizen Smith

Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Jules wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:39 pm
:good_post:

Thinking about it, doing this backed up by the normal resistance might be a way to go for some people.
If you have the time for a bit fun with them, yes :lol:

Babs
Citizen Smith
Citizen Smith

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:52 am

Yes, just remove their implied right of access - in other words tell them to eff off.

Ross
Citizen Smith
Citizen Smith

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:37 pm

This works, I have CCTV and I watch people read my removal of implied right of access and they don't knock.
Not sure if any are TV licence goons but I reckon they will take notice because my signs are big enough :lol_board:

Trekkie
On the Buses
On the Buses

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:26 pm

Download the notice and stick it on your front gate or front door.
They read it and should not knock once they do.
If people do this and can capture the goons reading then knocking then it would make a good YouTube video, especially if the householder confronts them properly.

Carol
Citizen Smith
Citizen Smith

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:25 pm

I have just laminated a new copy and looking for a better place to display it.
I don't want it too conspicuous but not too hidden if you know what I mean.
Trouble is I am open plan :x